At the minimum, an invoice intended to be paid with NDIS funding should contain the following information to ensure processing can be performed efficiently. Attached is a sample invoice if you need an idea on visual structure.
- Your business name and ABN (also include contact details and bank details for payment).
- Email and phone number for remittance advice.
- The participant’s name and NDIS number if known.
- An invoice number.
- An invoice date (ensure the invoice date falls after all service date(s); no forward-dated services can be paid).
For each line item, display:
- Service date(s).
- Relevant NDIS Item code (Refer to the NDIS price guide, found on the NDIS website: https://www.ndis.gov.au/providers).
- The duration of service(s) (e.g. Hours of a delivered service or travel time taken by a support worker, or the quantity of items provided (e.g. kilometers of provider travel or the quantity of a particular consumable).
- Unit price (e.g. $/hour, $ per km, or $ per item)
- GST (if applicable).
- The amount for each line item.
- The invoice total.
Without these items, we may not be able to pay your invoice
Once completed please send invoices through to: email@example.com